Friday, June 20, 2014

Simple Things

Tomato sandwich was a staple for me growing up. My dad grew the best tomatoes in the whole world and making a tomato sandwich was a daily event. 

I have been craving a tomato sandwich. Yesterday I drove across town in search of a homegrown tomato. I'm not convinced the one I bought was homegrown, just did not have that homegrown taste. The tomato was good, though. We do not eat white bread and could not bring myself to buy a loaf, and I looked at the loaves of white bread for quite sometime. I did give in and buy a jar of miracle whip, mayo doesn't give it the same flavor, that little bit of tangy bite to miracle whip is needed. 

So, I have had three tomato sandwiches since last night. I'm sure I am going to satisfy that craving within two days.

Sometimes simple makes a very big impact - a tomato sandwich in the summer does just that. 

No comments: