Saturday, September 13, 2014

Sauerkraut Cabbage Roll Soup

Trying to get back into cooking, a little hard to do some times since I can all at once, without warning need to hit the sofa. I am feeling stronger for the most part, have even walked to the store twice. Still lots of test coming up, so not looking forward to them. The swelling in my face has gone down a little more, will be so happy when it is gone. the swelling makes it hard to sleep, it hurts if I lay anywhere close to that side of my face, and, my left side is getting very sore from having to lay on it non stop for the past six weeks. 

Yesterday I made a Sauerkraut Cabbage Roll Soup from Closet Cooking and it was DELICIOUS!!!


I'll definitely be making this again this fall and winter. The only thing I will do differently is not add the sauerkraut juice, we eat a low sodium diet and that made it taste really salty to us, but I find it hard to eat out because food taste over salty.

I was able to find a raw sauerkraut that tasted exactly like what my mom and I used to make when I was growing up. I did use brown rice, but will also try it with quinoa. I will also try it using cabbage instead of kraut.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Sunday!



No comments: