Tuesday, January 27, 2015

January Stuff

It is hard for me to come to terms with the fact that the first month of 2015 is within a few day of being over. Time really does fly by, doesn't it? There was a time in life when a year felt like an eternity, and now, a year feels like a few short months. The way time flies by now, I am quite sure I should be having more fun.

I'm busy still with a lot of doctor visits, still trying to get everything balanced. Between David and myself, we have doctor appointments at least 2-3 times a week. Last week we had one every day. And as hard as I try to stay positive, there is something about going near or inside a hospital that literally sucks the energy out of me.

Lately I have been trying to saturate myself with meditation and listening to healing tapes. They really do help, not sure I could get through all this without it. I should and need to do more meditating. I consistently listen and read Deepak Chopra just about every day. And I am convinced if I could sit down and chat with him, I could get all this worked out in my head. lol I really do love the man.

On another note, I have done some work in my workroom. I finished a quilt for Ada. I was working on it while she was here in November and she loved it. I'll post a couple of pics, they are not great photos and do not do the quilt justice.

 The quilt is reversible, giving her two quilts in one.

And of course I can't make her one without making little Rocky one. I saw a gorgeous fox quilt on Pinterest and purchased the pattern and I am in the process of making him one in all blues, because blue is his favorite color. I have the top done, just need to finish the backing and quilt it. I will attempt to quilt it on my machine, the same way I quilted Ada's.


 This is the quilt top, waiting to be completed. So happy with the way it has turned out so far.

Winter has been mild so far, no big winter weather to speak of. A couple of weeks ago it was very cold, but has warmed up and (almost) feels more like spring instead of winter. Fine with me, I don't care if we do not have any more winter weather than we've had thus far.

Making lots of soups and chili type dishes. I made enchilada's with some leftover white chicken chili that turned out delicious. Honestly, I think I could have eaten these every night for a week. Since there are so many days that I don't feel all that great, it is nice when I can use leftovers and still have a delicious meal.


Basically this is leftover white chicken chili, spinach, enchilada sauce, cheese and toppings of choice.

Perfect.

All photos by spbm.

Have a wonderful week everyone!

2 comments:

Margie said...

Your quilts are beautiful.
Blessings ...

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

I appreciate the compliment very much Margie. I am trying to figure out how to quilt the fox quilt. I do not have a quilting machine and I am having a hard time getting it to feed through.

Blessing back to you.