Thursday, April 23, 2015

Delicious Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Shells



I found this Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Shells on Pink Basil Blog.  I can hardly wait to make this again, we LOVED it. I made my own marinara sauce. It almost seemed sinful that this was so easy and so delicious. I'm weaning myself off meat. Even though I do not eat much meat, only two - three times a week, but the more research I do on my disease, the more convinced I am that I do not need or want to eat meat any longer. I will continue to eat fish every now and then. And if I have company I will cook meat, but for myself on a day to day basis I'm giving it up.

My marinara sauce is so simple, saute some chopped onion in olive oil, add 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced, a couple cans tomatoes, Italian seasoning, dried basil, couple bay leaves, fennel seed. cook it down to the consistency you like. I then use my hand blender to puree it. You can used crushed tomatoes, doesn't really matter.

I followed the recipe exactly, except added more fennel seed to the filling, we like fennel.

So easy! So Delicious!

Recipe here.





No comments: