Monday, September 14, 2015

Soup Time

 photo SPBM

So I made the best Chicken Tortilla Soup last night. I started with a recipe but ended up doing my own thing. Here's the recipe I started with. I made mine on top of the stove, and cooked the chicken with the soup, cut it up after it cooked. I added extra seasonings, parsley and cilantro. I did not drain the tomatoes and I used frozen corn. 

 Photo: SPBM

I brushed corn tortillas with olive oil and sprinkled a mixture of garlic and onion powder, smoked salt, and smoked paprika over the tortilla and cut them in strips. Baked them in a 350 degree oven until crispy. They were amazing!
The soup was so delicious I am making it again tonight. 

Photo: BPBM

I found some organic peaches at the store, they were huge. I cut one in half, skin and all, added coconut sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves, a slice of butter on each and chopped walnuts on top. Baked them in a 325 degree oven until they looked done. They were also delicious!!! Made a great dessert. Would have been even better with some fresh whipped cream.

Photo is before they went into the oven. My camera battery died and could not get a pic after they had cooked.

Update:

Yep, I made another pot of this amazing soup.

Photos: SPBM
I can't tell you in words how great this soup is. Seriously.

No comments: